What is stainless steel flange classification?
Stainless steel flange is common stainless steel pipe fittings.
The main material of stainless steel flange is 304. SS304 is a more versatile stainless steel. It is widely used to make equipment and parts that require good comprehensive performance (corrosion resistance and formability). .
304 stainless steel is a grade of stainless steel produced in accordance with the American ASTM standard. 304 is equivalent to my country’s 0Cr19Ni9 (0Cr18Ni9) stainless steel. 304 contains 19% chromium and 9% nickel. 304 is widely used stainless steel and heat-resistant steel. Used in food production equipment, chemical equipment, nuclear energy, etc.
Stainless steel flanges are the same as flanges of other materials. There are 13 common types stainless steel flange classification as follows:
- Flat welding flanges, the pipe must be inserted into the flange welded on the inner ring of the flange.
- Welding neck flang, flange with neck, smooth transition section, butt welding connection with pipe.
- Socket welding flange, a flange with a socket and a socket welding connection with the pipe.
- Threaded flange or screwed flange, with thread, and the flange connected with the pipe by thread.
- Lapped joint flange or loose flange, the flange that is lapped on the pipe and used in combination with the flanging sub or welding ring.
- Special flange Non-circular flanges, such as diamond flanges, square flanges, etc.
- reducing flange, which is connected to a standard flange, but the nominal diameter of the pipe is smaller than the nominal diameter of the standard flange.
- Flat face flange, a flange whose sealing surface and the entire flange surface are the same plane.
- Raised face flange, the flange whose sealing surface is slightly higher than the entire flange surface.
- Male and female face flanges, a pair of flanges, the sealing surfaces of which are concave and convex.
- Tongue and groove face flanges, a pair of flanges have sealing surfaces, one has a tenon, and the other has a groove matching the tenon.
- Ring joint face flanges, the sealing surface of the flange is a trapezoidal ring groove.
- Blank flange or blind flange, a circular plate with bolt holes that is connected with the pipe end flange to close the pipe.
In order to prevent rust and cracks on the surface of stainless steel flanges, the surface of carbon steel flanges is usually coated with electroplated layer (yellow zinc, white zinc, etc.), or brushed with anti-rust oil and sprayed with anti-rust paint.